1) What is a tankless water heater?
Most people use a storage tank water heater to provide hot water in their homes. A storage tank water heater keeps water hot 24 hours a day, even while you are at work or sleeping. A tankless water heater, on the other hand, does not store hot water. It heats the water as you use it.
2) How can a tankless water heater heat water instantly?
When you open a faucet, the flow of the water triggers the heater to turn on. electrical elements will turn on, rapidly heating the water as it passes through the unit.
The water is heated instantly, and the time it takes to obtain hot water is directly related to the distance the hot water has to travel from the water heater to where hot water is being used. The energy that is consumed is only for the hot water that is being used, hence highly efficient.
3) What are the advantages of a tankless water heater?
A tankless water heater turns on when you open and turns off when you close the shower handle, the energy that is consumed is only for the hot water that is being used. Since there is no storage of water, and thus no constant heating and re-heating of stored water, you are not wasting energy heating water when you do not need it, such as when you are sleeping or not at home.
More over stored hot water loose sits heat which has to be again reheated at the time of use. Thus leading to higher power usage.
This energy savings translates to money savings for you and reduced impact on our environment. Furthermore, since a tank less water heater heats the water as you use it, you can have an endless supply of hot water, provided you size the unit appropriately
4.What are the advantages against large storage water heater and instant water heater ?
The large over head water heaters are generally located at the top of the building, the user has to waste lot of water before he can access hot water. Thus leading to water loss.
Further the hot water left behind in the pipe line again gets cooled and once again the same water loss cycle is repeated thus leading to additional cost on pumping, excessive usage of power and increasing the waste water.
All this can be avoided by installing point of use Instant water heater.
5. How much money can I save?
Depending on which model of tank less water heater you purchase, and what size storage tank you have now, you could save anywhere from 60 to 70% off your hot water heating bill. How? Most homes use hot water for a cumulative total of about one hour per day, yet they typically keep 40 or 50 gallons (often times more) of water hot 24 hours a day. Having a system that eliminates the storage and heats water only as you use it can dramatically reduce your energy consumption.
The plumbing requirement is also reduced (As you do not need multi pipe lines one for hot water and the other for cold water) which reduces the capital cost.
6. Do we need hot & cold water mixer.
No you don’t need mixer as you can draw hot water from the unit instantly at desired temperature.
7. Are there other benefits of using a tankless water heater?
There are many advantages of having a tank less water heater in your home. Besides the money savings, endless hot water and smaller impact on the environment, a tank less water heater:
8. Will one tank less water heater be enough to heat my entire house?
We need independent unit for every bathroom as these are point of use systems.
9. What if I have hard water?
Since tank less water heaters do not store hot water, minerals have less of an opportunity to settle out of the water column and build up inside the heat exchanger. Additionally, the flow of hot water through the coiled heat exchanger flushes the product each time hot water is used. The use of a water softener is fine with a tank less water heater, and is recommended if you commonly experience hard water problems in your home. HARD WATER
10. What If I live in an area with high altitudes?
Electric units are not affected by higher altitudes.
11. How do I properly size my tankless water heater?
reThink tankless water heater can deliver endless hot water, shower after shower and are individually fitted for each bathrooms and are designed to deliver required hot water even in cold weathers.
12. Is this a new technology?
No. Europe, Asia and South America, where energy costs are more expensive than here in North America, have been using tankless water heaters for 75 years. However, most Americans and the world are just now learning of this technology and its benefits.
13. What is a point of use tankless water heater?
reThink is designed to be installed at the point of use, thereby eliminating a long pipe run. They are mostly sized to supply hot water for shower.
These water heaters are usually used for one of two reasons. One is to supply hot water to a remote location that is not served by a larger water heater. The other is to eliminate the wait time for hot water. They offer the advantage of not having to wait for hot water. You can install a point-of-use water heater right at the source,. Therefore, when you turn on shower you have hot water instantly available to you. This eliminates your wait for the hot water and saves water, our most valuable resource, from being wasted down the drain as you wait for hot water to arrive.
14. Is the unit suitable for high rise building?
reThink is designed for 0.02-0.6mpa / 0.2-6kg / 0.2-6bar, max working pressure. Safety release devices have been provided in the unit and also at the outlet. It is essential to check pressure of water at inlet to ensure trouble free performance. Special care needs to be taken while installing water heater in multi-story buildings or at locations where hydro pneumatic pumping systems are being used to supply water.
15. Will my water heater consume lot of energy?
reThink Saves more than 70% power in comparison.
16. Real time water usage data for water & power.
Yes Real time power usage data is available on the unit itself.
17. Cleaning efficiency for skin hygiene:
Very high efficiency is achieved due to built in pressure pump and patented nozzle design which delivers water in high speed rotation which enable it to clean better with very small quantity of water.
18. Water flow
Can be controlled infinitely as per the users preference both from the pressure of pump and from the patented shower handle with multi nozzles
19. Temperature control
Infinitely controllable as per the user.
20. Cold water sandwich
Cold water sandwich has been reduced to the extent that the user does not feel he difference while using the shower.
21. Scaling (Deposition due to hard water)
No the unit does not scale for a very long period further details can be found on HARD WATER SOLUTION.
22. Shower head clogging
The patented design does not allow for shower head clogging in spite of long use. HARD WATER SOLUTION.,
Doctors recommend maximum temperature for bath at 44.4 degree centigrade, yet rethink has been designed to deliver water up to 55 degree centigrade.
At 55 degree centigrade a person has to continuously hold the shower handle for more than 15 seconds for scalding to happen.
15 Seconds is more than enough time for any user to divert the flow and safeguard himself.
24. Filter for removal of solids
reThink comes with built in initial filter to remove any solids from entering into the systems to avoid any blockage.
reThink provides built in pump to increase pressure, hence suitable for low pressure water inlet too.
26. Inlet water pressure control (High Rise Buildings)
reThink unit is suitable for high rise buildings where the pressure is controlled and comes with safety release valve. Do refer Point 14 above.
27. High temperature
reThink comes with AUTO cut off and is scald free.
28. Dry run protection (No water)
Auto cut off if there is no water, there by keeping the user and the unit safe.
29. High voltage
reThink comes with Auto power shut in case of high voltage.
30. Power leakage
Unit shuts down in case of power leakage instantly, how ever additional safety is taken into consideration b y providing safety switch at the power inlet itself. Thus keeping the user safe all time.
31. Water proof
reThink is IP25
32. Modular design (Ease of fitting)
reThink is modular and is basically Do It yourself kind of system, all details are provided in the manual, however it is advised to bring in proper electrical & plumbing engineer as per the local laws. MANUAL
33. Error Code High temperature
reThink provides error code on display in the vent of high temperature and the unit shuts down automatically. (E1)
34. Error Code Electricity leakage
reThink provides error code and is displayed as (E2) in the event of power leakage.
35. Error Code Temperature sensor failure
reThink provides error code and is displayed as (E3) in the event of temperature failure.
36. Error Code High Voltage
reThink provides error code and is displayed as (HI) in the event of high voltage & shuts down
37. Error Code Low Voltage < 180 Volts
reThink provides error code and is displayed as (LO) in the event of Low voltage.
38. Return on investment.
India about 8 months, for USA about 6 months and for Middle east about 3 months time to recover the entire cost of investment. Kindly refer CALCULATION CHART (EXCEL SHEET) add local values and usage to arrive at the ROI.
39.Why Instant water heater?
Because it provides you continuous supply of hot water instantly.
40. Capacity Water Heater?
The water heater does not have any storage. It is instant.
41. I have hard water in my house, will my Water Heater be affected?
reThink all wet parts are made of Stainless Steel, or Copper or Ceramic which ensures that the scale build up does not happen. (Refer next point)
42. Can your water heater withstands hard water?
reThink has Stainless steel, or ceramic contact part and the heating element does not come in contact with water is capable of withstanding hard water. further details can be found HARD WATER SOLUTIONS.
43. Shower handle getting blocked?
The Nozzle are patented design where in they do not clog due to hard water even after very long use. (Refer Point 41 & 42)
44. What are the safety features in your water heater?
reThink has host of safety features & are given in Comparision with other Heater
45. What is the warranty period on your water heater?
47. How Do I Measure My Water Heater’s Efficiency
You can compare your power & water bill on month to month basis or you can take note of water & power usage from the unit itself.
Is your heater certified ?
Our products are certified for the following:-
All Certificates details mentioned here in with all technical data & information are available on web site: www.khuba.in
RETHINK products have been tested and approved by CE, CE EMC, CE LVD, IEC CB & GCC. Details on their technicalities & benefits is explained here under:
CE marking is a certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA). The CE marking is also found on products sold outside the EEA that have been manufactured to EEA standards.
CE EMC - Directive limits electromagnetic emissions
The electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) Directive 2014/30/EU) ensures that electrical and electronic equipment does not generate, or is not affected by, electromagnetic disturbance. The EMC directive limits electromagnetic emissions from equipment in order to ensure that, when used as intended, such equipment does not disturb radio and telecommunication, as well as other equipment. The directive also governs the immunity of such equipment to interference and seeks to ensure that this equipment is not disturbed by radio emissions, when used as intended.
Rethink product design and construction of the electrical equipment complies with the principal elements of the EMC’s safety objectives meeting all standard laid down under:
1.EN 55014-1:2017 (Household Appliances, Electric Tools and Similar Apparatus emissions)
2.EN 55014-2:2015 (Household Appliances, Electric Tools and Similar Apparatus immunity)
3.EN IEC 61000-3-2-:2019 & EN 61000-3-3:2013 (generic emissions- residential, commercial and light industrial equipment).
CE LVD - LOW VOLTAGE DIRECTIVE
The low voltage directive (LVD) (2014/35/EU) ensures that electrical equipment provides common broad objectives for safety regulations, so that electrical equipment approved by any EU member country will be acceptable for use in all other EU countries, provides a high level of protection. It has been applicable since 20 April 2016.
The primary purpose of the LVD (2014/35/EU) is to assure that all products defined as electrical equipment and placed on the EU market are safe for use and don’t endanger the health of anyone nearby, e.g. consumers, domestic animals, real estate property, etc. The Low Voltage Directive guarantees the products’ safety when they are installed, utilized and serviced correctly.
Rethink product design and construction of the electrical equipment complies with the principal elements of the LDV’s safety meeting all laid down test standards under:
1. EN 60335-2-35: 2016
2.EN 60335-1: 2012 + A11: 2014 + A13: 2017
3.EN 62233: 2008
GCC CERTIFICATION - STANDARDIZATION ORGANIZATION GSO - Gulf Technical Regulation for Low Voltage Electrical Equipment & appliances
1. Starting off the goals of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) aiming at achievement of integration and in conjunction among member states in all fields reaching to their unity, in agreement with the objectives of the new unified economic agreement between GCC states that laid the foundations for the common GCC market to develop common action between GCC states, and marked the steps of economic integration starting with creation of a free trade zone, then customs union, and then completion of GCC common market requirements, and ultimately the monetary and economic union as well as standardization of business, industrial and customs legislations applicable in the member states.
2. In realization of the GCC goals of creating Gulf Standardization Organization (GSO), promoting the economic integration march, going along with the customs union requirements including unification of standards and metrology in the member states, ensuring safety and quality of the goods entering GCC markets for the interests of their citizens, consolidation, follow up and implementation and unification by various standardization activities to participate in development of its production and services sectors, development of GCC intra-trade, protection of consumers, environment and public health, promotion of GCC industries to bolster GCC economy and maintain and preserve the gains of GCC states, and reduction of technical barriers to trade (TBT) in agreement with goals of the customs unification and GCC states concessions in World Trade Organization (WTO).
3. In implementation of the resolutions of the GCC Financial Economic and Cooperation Committee in its 72nd session (4-5 November 2006) “urging GSO to complete its efforts in setting unified procedures to apply GSO standards in GCC countries to be applied collectively in the same manner at inter-state entry ports in implementation of the customs notification requirements at the scheduled time and to streamline flow of commodities traffic”.
4. In implementation of the resolution of GSO Board of directors in its 6th session (5 June 2007) approving commencement of implementing recommendations of the project of developing compliance verification in GCC states; Regional Conformity Assessment Scheme (RCAS) including “adoption of the concept that obligation should be based on the product essential requirements (safety, health and environment) as a basis for setting the new GCC approach to legislative obligation.
5. In implementation of the resolution of GSO Board of directors in its 11th session (Doha, 22 November 2009) by announcing the official accession of the Republic of Yemen to the GCC Standardization Organization starting from 01 January 2010, pursuant to the decision of the GCC Supreme Council in its 29th session (Muscat, 30 December 2008).
6. Whereas the Laws and Regulations and control procedures applicable in the Member states on safety features of electrical equipment vary in scope and content leading to barriers to trade and difference in tender conditions in the desired GCC common market, without tangible return of this difference on customer protection against the hazards that may arise from these products.
7. Whereas barriers to the desired GCC common market should be lifted to allow selling of safe products with sufficient safety.
8. Whereas consistency and adaptation should be achieved through specifying the basic requirements and the unified rules between the GCC Member states regarding consumer health and safety required in Low-Voltage electrical equipment to allow placing it on the market and free movement in the customs union territory.
9. Whereas the Low-Voltage electrical equipment placed on the desired common market should not cause harm to the direct user or the surrounding environment.
10. Whereas the safety of Low-Voltage electrical equipment should be determined by reference to the intended use, it should allow higher limits to cover any unseen conditions taking into account consumer’s behavior.
11. Whereas safety standards of Low-Voltage electrical equipment should be considered when placed on the market taking into account the requirement to abide thereby during the specified normal period of use for Low-Voltage electrical equipment.
12. And whereas GSO is entrusted with developing, approval, updating and publishing of Gulf Technical Regulations and standards together with procedures of GCC compliance verification for commodities, products, measurement and calibration instruments, definitions, technical symbols and terminology, and requirements of sampling, inspection, testing and calibration in accordance with the executive bylaws issued thereof.
This Regulation related to Low-Voltage equipment has been issued stating the essential requirements to be met in Low-Voltage equipment manufactured locally or imported to any of GCC states. Any of these products shall be allowed to be freely distributed in GCC Member states markets without impediment in custom ports, since they are complying with the requirements of this Technical Regulation.
Rethink product design and construction of the electrical equipment complies with the principal elements of the GCC’s safety applicable to AE, BH, KW, OM, QA, YE, SA meeting all laid down test standards under :
1.IEC 60335-2-35: 2012 + A1: 2016;
2.IEC 60335-1: 2010 + A1: 2013 + A2: 2016;
3.CISPR 55014-1:2016; CISPR 55014-2:2015;
4.IEC 61000-3-2: 2018; IEC 61000-3-3: 2013+A1: 2017
GCC EMC – FOR MEETING Requirements for the product between International Standard & European standards are identical. As per standards laid down by CENELEC.
Rethink product design and construction of the electrical equipment complies with the principal elements of the GCC EMC meeting all laid down test standards as uder:
3.IEC 6100-3-3-2013 + A1:2017
IEC CB - International Conformity Assessment of Electro-technical Equipment & Components
IECEE, the IEC System for Conformity Assessment Schemes for Electro-technical Equipment and Components, is a multilateral certification system based on IEC International Standards. Its Members use the principle of mutual recognition (reciprocal acceptance) of test results to obtain certification or approval at national levels around the world.
The System is the operator of the very successful IECEE CB Scheme, a one-stop shop that offers the potential of one test (based on IEC International Standards) and one certification, recognized internationally.
The IECEE Schemes address the safety, quality, efficiency and overall performance of components, devices and equipment for homes, offices, workshops, health facilities among others.
IEC System of Conformity assessment schemes for Electro-technical equipment & components.
Operated by the IEC System of Conformity Assessment Schemes for Electro-technical Equipment and Components (IECEE), the IECEE CBScheme is an international system for mutual acceptance of test reports and certificates dealing with the safety of electrical and electronic components, equipment and products.
It is a multilateral agreement among participating countries and certification organizations, which aims to facilitate trade by promoting harmonization of national standards with International Standards and cooperation among accepted National Certification Bodies (NCBs) worldwide. By achieving this, it brings product manufacturers a step closer to the ideal concept of "one product, one test, one mark, where applicable'.
Why is it important?
Safety: manufacturers/suppliers must ensure that their products comply with relevant safety standards, while government regulations are generally intended to protect populations from potential risks associated with products.
Quality: buyers/wholesalers want to ensure the quality of products purchased and unhindered market access. Interoperability: product manufacturers and end users want to be sure their products work and can interact with other products, services and installations.
Consistency: manufacturers/suppliers want to be sure their marketed products comply with the sample assessed.
Who benefits from it?
Governments: are able to reduce trade barriers caused by different certification criteria of countries. Countries can better meet their obligations as stated in the World Trade Organization’s Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade.
Industry: can reduce delays and costs of multiple testing since a product can be certified once by a single National Certification Body (NCB) which can be accepted by others worldwide, usually without the need for further product assessment. Markets can be expanded and product to market time reduced.
End users: ultimately anyone using a product which has been tested and certified using the IECEE CB Scheme has the assurance that the goods purchased will perform to expectations and are reasonably safe when used as intended.
Rethink product design and construction of the electrical equipment complies with the principal elements of the LDV’s safety, including water proof IPX25 thus meeting all laid down test standards under :
All certificates are available on our web site.
DEALERS - RETHINK